SWEET POTATO MUFFINS
Ingredients for 8 sweet potato muffins extreme energy:
- 65g spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp. Extreme Energy superfood powder mix
- 3 Tbsp. cacao 70%
- 1/4 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking soda
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 1 (220g) sweet potato, roasted
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 whole egg
- 50g brown sugar
- 120ml rice milk or other type
- 2 Tbsp. agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 8-10 muffins with paper liners.
- Remove the skin of the sweet potato and blend with the melted coconut oil until you get a smooth puree.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with the brown sugar by hand or with a hand-mixer. Add rice milk, agave syrup and sweet potato puree and mix.
- Add spelt flour, Extreme Energy Mix, cacao, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until well combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins until filled almost to the top. Then sprinkle the top of each muffin with chocolate chips .
- Bake for 20-22 minutes (or more) until golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let rest in tins for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
- Bake for 25’ or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges appear dry. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then remove from tins and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Will keep in an air-tight container for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month