- 25cm pie mould
- Baking paper
- 300 g Flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tbsp Cane sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 160 g Coconut oil (solid cut in cubes)
- 8 tbsp Water (ice)
- 500 g Apple (thinly sliced & peeled)
- 3 tbsp Wake Up Okami Bio
- 3 tbsp Flour (all-purpose)
- 50 g Cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (grounded)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- To make the crust: Mix together the all-purpose flour, cane sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Chop the solid coconut oil into small cubes and add it to the bowl. Cut in the coconut oil cubes using a party cutter or a fork until the mixture reaches a sand-like consistency. Add in the ice water and mix with your hands until the dough is moist enough to form a ball. You can add a bit more water if needed. Shape the dough into a disk, cover it and place it into the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, mix everything together for the filling in a large bowl and then set it aside until the dough is ready.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime, grease a 25-cm pie pan and preheat the oven to 200oC (400°F).
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Flour a clean work surface or place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out one half of the dough from the center to the edges. Wrap dough around rolling pin and unwrap it into a greased pie pan. Gently press the crust into the pan. This will be the bottom crust.
- Roll out the second half of the dough as you did with the first, but then using a sharp knife cut it into 1-2 cm strips. Create a lattice on top of the pie by weaving the strips over the pie. Tuck in the edges of the strips and press them into the bottom crust to stick them together.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the pie crust with a thin layer of melted coconut oil. Bake for 45- 50 minutes, or until golden Brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and serve warm or cold, as you like.