Ice Cream cookie sandwich
- Baking paper
- 30 g Isolated Pea Protein Okami Bio
- 110 g Oat flour
- 50 g Cane sugar
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 g Coconut oil (melted)
- 70 g Aquafaba (liquid of canned chickpeas)
- 2 Tbsp Dark chocolate chips (decoration)
- 300 g Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Okami Bio Isolated pea protein, oat flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, aquafaba and vanilla extract with a handheld mixer or a whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a spoon or with your hands. Stir well to combine and then add the chocolate chips, mixing them in thoroughly.
- Scoop out 1 ½ tablespoons of dough and transfer to your lined baking tray. Use the palm of your hand to smash the cookies down slightly. They won’t spread much, so no need to leave a ton of room between cookies. There should be about 8 cookies but it depends on the size of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before you assemble de ice cream sandwiches.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream between 2 cookies. Gently press cookies together (ice cream should spread to edge of cookies). Roll ice cream edges in chocolate chips. Eat immediately or place in the freeze until needed.
- Another way to assemble the sandwiches is to form disc shapes with the ice cream by scooping a small amount into a round cookie cutter. Pop in the freezer to re-harden. After about 30 minutes, remove from the freezer and place the ice cream disc between two cookies. Press down to flatten and roll ice cream edges in chocolate chips.