Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Muffin Tin
- Paper lined muffin pan cups
- 200 g Beet (cooked)
- 1 V-egg (vegan egg)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 20 g Coconut oil (melted)
- 60 g Cane sugar
- 30 g Isolated Pea Protein Pomegranate Juice Okami Bio
- 130 g Flour all purpose
- ½ tbsp Baking powder
- 400 ml Coconut milk full-fat
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- To make coconut whipped cream chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Coarsely chop the beets. Add them, along with the egg, lemon juice, melted coconut oil and cane sugar to a food processor. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, Okami Isolated Pea protein and baking powder. Add the beet mixture, and whisk until just combined.
- Divide among cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 full, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the coconut whipped cream. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in other recipes).
- Place hardened cream in a mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a handmixer until creamy. Then add powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate until the cupcakes have cooled completely.
- Frost the red velvet cupid cake and place a slice of strawberry on top.