EXTREME ENERGY GRANOLA BARS
Granola bars are a great food for on-the-go, and a great way to prevent yourself from munching on unhealthy snacks. If you make your own version using our recipe, you can also make them even healthier by avoiding added refined sugars! Our quick and easy recipe is just right recipe for a busy summer schedule to help you have a healthy snack by hand during the day. We suggest adding our Extreme Energy superfood powder mix to make it great fuel throughout the day, or our Wake Up superfood powder mix if you want to make these granola bars more breakfast-oriented.
Ingredients for 20 bars:
- 110g old-fashioned rolled oats
- 80g chopped hazelnuts
- 80g roasted pumpkin seeds
- 50g cup pecan nuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- 190g medjool dates (10 dates), pitted and roughly chopped
- 60ml maple sirup or honey
- 100g almond butter (You can also use peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract homemade
- 2 Tbsp. Extreme Energy superfood powder mix
- Place oats evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 3 minutes, stir around and roast for another 3 minutes.
- Place the seeds and nuts in a blender and blend until in smaller chunks -- but make sure you don’t blend too much to turn them into powder form.
- Add these ingredients to the oats and roast for 3 minutes.
- Warm up the maple sirup or honey, mix with almond butter, superfood powder and dates.
- Pour the oat mixture into a glass baking dish and drizzle the liquid ingredients and stir until you have a sticky, even mass.
- Press down firmly (this is an important step) to make sure it is solid and sticking together.
- Put into the fridge and let cool for 2-3 hours.
- After it has chilled, cut into even bars and store in the fridge or eat straight away.
Especially high in: %DV
- Magnesium - 27%
- Vitamin B2 - 15%
Serving Size 1 portion (46 g)
Amount per serving
Calories from fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
Dietary Fiber 12g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2.000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs: